Here you will find some useful cleaning tips and what you can do before and after your carpet cleaning service. You will also find additional information on our Services and FAQs Pages. We have been working diligently to provide all of our customers with relevant and helpful information to better serve you.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOUR CARPET CLEANING:
- Please remove any items from the traffic areas you would like cleaned.
- Please allow us to park as close as possible to the home/area we are cleaning.
- Please have an outside water spigot/faucet available for us to use.
- Please give us a clear pathway to use during the cleaning.
- Please vacuum, if possible.
- Please open the windows and shades.
- Please try to stay clear of the areas being cleaned while we are working.
- Please keep pets and children away from the areas where we are working due to trip/safety hazards.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR CARPET CLEANING:
- Please leave windows open, place/turn on fans in any cleaned areas to help with air circulation which will allow your carpets to dry faster.
- Please use extreme caution when walking from the recently cleaned areas onto hard-surface flooring areas, such as stone, tile, wood, laminate, etc. The remaining moisture in the carpeting may present a Dangerous Slip Hazard until dry.
- Placing dry towels down on your hard-surface flooring before it transitions to carpet will also reduce the slip hazards as well as keeping dirt off of your freshly cleaned carpets.
- You can also switch your thermostat’s FAN setting to ON instead of AUTO for a day to help pull the moisture from the carpets which will enable them to dry faster.
- Please try to stay off the carpets as much as possible while they are drying. Failure to do so could result in re-appearing stains due to the “wicking effect”.
- If any furniture has been moved, please wait until the carpet is fully dry before moving it back into place. Failure to do so could cause a permanent furniture stain.
HELPFUL HINTS AND TIPS TO INCREASE THE LOOK AND LIFE OF YOUR CARPETS:
- Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum! Vacuuming your carpets once or twice a week can greatly increase the lifespan of your flooring investment.
- Regular sweeping of your hard-surface flooring will reduce the amount of dirt transferred/tracked onto your carpets.
- Placing floor mats down on your hard-surface flooring before it transitions to carpet will also reduce the amount of dirt tracked onto your carpets.
- Placing area rugs in high traffic areas will protect the carpet from excess dirt, debris and wear.
- Use a clean dry towel to “blot” up spills ASAP. If using a spot cleaner, follow instructions carefully.
- Place a hard plastic mat on top of the carpet if you use a rolling office/PC chair often.
- Don’t drag furniture across the carpet. It will breakdown the latex adhesive in between the carpet backings, eventually causing ripples in the carpet.
- Use “Carpet Sliders” under the furniture legs if you are unable to carefully lift and move it to the desired location.